The website CarersCardUK.co.uk is a website operated by Appcreatives.co.uk Limited. AppCreatives.co.uk is a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 07016189 and have a registered office at Rowan House, Hill End Lane, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0RA.
This is a live document, which is constantly under review and kept updated as per the amendment record on the last page. The latest version no. and date of the newest review/amendment is shown in the footer of this document.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who interacts with us and will treat all information you give us with care. We promise to:
- Tell you why we collect personal information, how we do this and how we use it.
- Only collect the information we need to deliver the service to you.
- Keep the personal information up to date and ensure it is safe and secure.
- Why we can process your data.
- Why we are processing it.
- Whether you must provide it to us.
- How long we store it.
- Whether there are other recipients of your personal information.
- Whether we intend to transfer it to another country, and
- whether we do automated decision-making or profiling.
We may change this policy from time to time. The date this policy was last updated is shown at the end of this document.
As a data controller, we fully comply with the Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (as amended) and the UK General Data Protection Regulations (UK GDPR 2018).
We are registered on the ICO Data Protection Register under registration number ZA767677.
2. Who we are.
In this policy, references to Appcreatives.co.uk Ltd. "CarersCardUK" "we" "us" "our" are to Appcreatives.co.uk Ltd.
Hill End Lane
Company number 07016189 Appcreatives.co.uk Ltd
The Data Controller is - Appcreatives.co.uk Ltd.
Our Data Protection Officer is - Keith Hebborn, Hebborn Consultancy Ltd.
Tedder House, Tedder Close
Watton Norfolk IP25 6HU.
Telephone: - 0333 772 1510
3. What information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you to provide the services or fulfil a role with us. This may include:
- Name and address.
- Email address and telephone numbers.
- Details of the person you care for.
- Details of the type of care you provide.
- From your parent or guardian if you are under 16.
- Details of services you may have received from us.
- Information about complaints and incidents.
- When you visit our website, we collect information about your IP address and the pages you visit. However, this does not tell us who you are or your address unless you provide that information.
- Information from user surveys, promotions, or competitions you may participate in.
4. How do we collect Personal Information?
We collect the personal information in the following ways:
- When you enquire about one of our services.
- When you provide information by filling in a form on registration or information provided at any other time.
- When you correspond with us by email, phone, or other ways.
- During the provision of services to you.
- When you participate in discussion forums or other social media on our site or sites managed by us.
- Contact us by email, telephone, social media, or any other way.
- When you visit our website.
5. How we use the information and why we need it.
We use the personal information to provide services to users of our services, guests, employees, visitors, newsletter recipients or to meet our contractual commitments to you. This may include: -
- Contract – if we have a contract with you, we will process your personal information to fulfil that contract. For this definition, registering as a user of 'CarersCardUK' to use our services amounts to a contract.
- Consent – generally, we will only ask for your consent to process your personal information if there is no other legal ground to process. Where we need your consent, we will ensure you are as fully informed as possible and use that consent solely for the reason you have given it to us. You will be able to change your mind at any time by contacting us at the address in paragraph 12. Any email or text to you will have a link to let you do so.
- Necessary to defend legal claims or court action.
- Employment – when necessary to fulfil our duties under employment law.
- Public interest is usually in line with any applicable laws, such as protecting against dishonesty, malpractice, or other seriously improper behaviour.
- Information you have made public.
- Marketing – in addition to the processing, we will use your personal information to provide you with information about services you have requested or would reasonably expect to receive from us.
You will be able to change your mind at any time, and we shall keep your preferences up to date. Any email about marketing will have a link to let you unsubscribe.
6. Legitimate interests
Appcreatives.co.uk Ltd. may also process your data when it is in our legitimate interest to do this and when these interests do not override your rights. These legitimate interests include: -
- Providing you with information on products services and offers by partner service providers.
- Keeping our records up to date.
- For statistical research and analysis and to enable us to monitor and improve services.
- Sharing your personal information with people or organisations to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations or to enable us to run our organisation.
- To fulfil laws that apply to us and the third parties we work with.
- To take part in or be the subject of any merger, sale or purchase of all or part of our business
- Managing our relationships with you and third parties who assist us in providing the services to you.
7. Who will see the information?
Your information will only be accessible to our staff and only where it is appropriate regarding the role they are carrying out. We will never sell your information or let other organisations use it for their purposes. We will only share your personal information: -
- Where consent is necessary, we will have obtained your consent to do so and provide information for the specific reason your consent was given. You will have the opportunity to withhold consent when you complete the form on which we collect the data, or you can do so by contacting us at the address in paragraph 12 at any time.
- Organisations or people we must share your personal information with by law or regulations.
- The police or other law enforcement agencies for them to perform their duties if we must do this by law or under a court order.
- Where we use other organisations to provide services on our behalf for processing, mailing, delivering, customers, guests and volunteers questions about our services, sending mail and emails, data analysis, assessment and profiling or processing credit/debit card payments.
- Organisations providing IT systems, IT support and hosting concerning IT systems on which information is stored.
- If we merge with another organisation, form a new entity, sell our business, or purchase a business.
Where a third-party data processor is used, we shall ensure they operate under a contract that includes confidentiality and security of Personal Data and their obligations under the Data Protection legislation.
The security of your personal information is fundamental to us. We protect all Personal Data we hold and ensure we have appropriate organisational and technical measures to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of Personal Data and prevent data from being lost, destroyed, or damaged.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All the Personal Data is processed in the UK; however, your information may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for IT hosting and maintenance.
9. Your rights.
You have the following rights:
- Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed).
- To request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access).
- An update or amendment of the information we hold about you (right of rectification).
- To ask us to stop using information (right to restrict processing).
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be forgotten).
- Request us to remove your information for marketing purposes (right to object).
- To obtain and reuse your Personal Data for your purposes (right to portability).
- Not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing.
You can contact us about any of these rights at the address in paragraph 12. To protect your privacy, we may ask you to prove your identity before we agree to respond to any request. There is no charge for a request, and we will respond to the request within one month.
If you are not satisfied with how we deal with your request, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or at their website www.ico.org.uk.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or your computer's hard drive once you agree. Cookies contain information that transfers to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, such as account login, member benefits portal etc.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our website when using it. This helps us improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
||Essential site cookie
||Enables Carers Card UK to display certain features dependant on the level of membership. Allows Carers Card UK to greet or correspond with the user by their first name and/or surname. Allows Carers Card UK to predetermine email addresses within web forms.
||Essential site cookie
||Enables Carers Card UK to tailor pages and features suited for desktop or mobile devices.
||Essential site cookie
||Enables Carers Card UK to facilitate the Carer Circle feature so that the correct details can be quickly accessed and viewed again.
||Essential site cookie
||Enables Carers Card UK to remember the perks that the user last viewed so that the same perk can be quickly accessed and viewed again.
||Essential site cookie
||Enables Carers Card UK to remember the last search that the user made. It's used to that the user can quickly perform the same search on their next visit.
For further information, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
11. Retention of information.
We hold your information only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. We use the following guidelines: -
- Any time limits set by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies, or associations.
- For as long as we have a reasonable need for managing our relationship with you or running our organisation.
12. How to contact us.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store, and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with us by any of the following means:
Phone us at 0333 772 1510
Email us at email@example.com
Write to us at: Data Protection Officer Appcreatives.co.uk Ltd.
Hill End Lane